Robin Hood (PG-13)
Genre: Action/Period
Jake's Rating: 4.5 stars
Cami's Rating: 4 stars
Although I was sort of excited about the prospect of this movie, as time went on, I forgot all about it. So when Jake told me we were watching Robin Hood, I thought he meant Prince of Thieves, and really, WHY would anyone watch that again? So, I was pleasantly surprised to remember this. Mom & Dad came over to watch with us, and though it was a little longish, we enjoyed, and talked, and wondered about things, and it was good. I like a good prequel.
Summary: Events from the crusades to a war with France and a potential civil war in England lead up to the creation of the outlaw Robin of Locksley.
Thoughts: I think Russell Crowe was a good Robin Hood, and I believed in the story and the people. It was really well done cinematically. I think the story worked, even though we kept saying things like, "King Richard was a BAD guy? He's DEAD at the beginning? He doesn't come back and fix everything??" Also, The Sheriff of Nottingham didn't have much to do, so that's too bad, because he is Darcy and the dude on Little Dorritt and stuff. But it looks like they really left it open for a sequel. I'm not in total LOVE with this movie, but I enjoyed it and I'll look forward to a sequel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I liked this better than I expected to. I think it's more of an origin story than a prequel though, since there's no real definitive (decent) Robin Hood movie it would go before.
True. True.
Post a Comment