Babies (PG)
Genre: documentary
Jake's Rating: 3.5 stars
Cami's Rating: 4.5 stars
I've been wanting to see this as long as I've known about it's very beginning. Jake says he's "not a mommy" so he didn't connect with it like me. That's ok. I thought it was excellently done, and very interesting.
Summary: Nothing is really said or not said, we just see 4 babies from birth through 1 year with no commentary. They are from different countries and different cultures.
Thoughts: OH so cute. And interesting that in Western culture we are so obsessed with cleanliness and development and doing things "right," and yet, the babies who live in the dirt and play with rocks and sticks seem to develop just the same way and learn just about the same things. I loved the universality of it at the same time you saw such a huge difference between them. But really, the kids are just darling, and the film was well-done and said just enough without saying anything at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just watched this one too and REALLY enjoyed it. I had those same thoughts - about the dirt and the animals and the saftey stuff. Like when the baby was just lapping water out of that dirty stream like a dog. And look, somehow she's FINE. Seriously beautiful film
Post a Comment