Dorian Gray (R-edited)
Genre: drama
Jake's Rating: ?
Cami's Rating: ?
I love this book, but of course I was wary of the movie. We thought we'd be ok with the ClearPlay, but we weren't--for some reason, it just didn't take anything out that we wanted it to, so we saw a bunch of crapola. It ruined the movie, so we can't even really rate it. Sad.
Summary: Dorian Gray is young and beautiful and wishes to always remain that way. As he makes bad choices and treats people badly, he remains perfect-looking while a portrait of him changes to show his true nature.
Thoughts: It was kind of sad seeing Prince Caspian doing naughty and bad things. Hmph. The one thing that was really great about the movie is that it did NOT change the story, which I consider to be auto-biographical about Oscar Wilde. I loved that Colin Firth's character could not live up to his own misguided philosophies, and yet his longing for that no-rules lifestyle still ruined his life. And yet he knew it was wrong deep down--as did Dorian. That kind of life takes its toll. So as horrible as the content, at least it shows it as wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment