New in Town (PG-13)
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Jake's Rating: 2.5
Cami's Rating: 2.5
Another just filler movie we watched. It's just the same as all the other Romantic Comedies out there, with Renee being especially obnoxious in this one, and all the usual predictability. That's about it.
Summary: A smart tough business woman goes to a quaint small town to shut down the plant that of course, runs the whole town. Everyone hates her, but somehow she grows on them and they grow on her--especially one rugged fellow with a dead wife and whatnot.
Thoughts: IS there a romantic comedy that DOESN'T start out with the love interests hating each other at first? Are there any romantic comedies that don't have a sad broken man that lost a wife in some tragic way? And why is Renee Zellweger orange? I just think it's weird. On the other hand, the townspeople were sometimes funny and their stereotypical accents and hobbies were kind of funny too--but they didn't go quite far enough to really make it charming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I agree, it was kind of what I expected, that is to say, kind of dumb. I still remember laughing at that part when the lady asks her if she's found Jesus and she says "I didn't realize he was missing," and all that. Ha.
Post a Comment