I've Loved You So Long (French)
Genre: drama/foriegn
Cami's Rating: 4 stars
I saw this movie on the Academy Awards and thought I'd give it a try, and it was worth the time. Wonderfully done.
Summary: A woman goes to stay with her sister's family after being in Jail for several years. Little by little we find out what her story is, and watch her rebuild her life and a relationship with her sister.
Thoughts: The acting was wonderful, the story was interesting and thought provoking and heart-breaking, and the story-telling was absolutely inspired. For such a simple story and slow-moving film, I was absolutely glued to the screen to find out what was happening. The sort of backwards way you find out why she went to jail, and why she committed the horrible crime is really very intriguing. I was of course bawling by the end, and although I cannot condone her actions, I understood them and was heart-broken for her. I believed in the characters and the story and the relationships. But you know, it was French and a little slow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment