Final Destination (TV)
Genre: Horror
Jake's Rating: 2 stars
Cami's Rating: 2.5 stars
Part II in the Halloween teen horror movie-a-thon for Jake and Cami. Last year or maybe the year before, we watched the FOURTH version of this movie, and now, you know, they're making the fifth. I suppose we ought to watch the original, when they actually introduce the story that they have decided to rehash 4 more times. Gooood stuff.
Summary: A teenaged boy has a vision of the plane he and his classmates are on exploding, so he and a few other people get off, only to have his entire vision come true. He finally figures out that death is coming after them in the order they would have died, and he has to stop it.
Thoughts: They sure got a kid who LOOKS like a teenager--I mean, did they want someone without acne? It wasn't as if he was a totally stellar actor or anything. Also, I kind of get sick of movies where their friends die in front of them and they say, "Oh MAN!" and then go on with life. That said, it did have more of a plot than the other FD we watched. Sometimes it seemed too evil, and sometimes not, and I decided it was really more about DEATH than Satan, so I'm ok with it. I don't think Death is out to get me or anything. Really, these movies are an excuse to have a creative way to kill people. Not so much horror as just guts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't understand why you don't rate movies you watched edited. I think you can still give the experience a rating.
It's not that they're edited--we do that all the time. Just that these kind of throw-away movies don't really deserve ratings. Also, I did that with Dorian Gray, because I really cannot rate it based on what I saw--I can't recommend it, but it wasn't horrible, but it was good, you know.
I see. I was confused because of what you wrote about Dorian Gray. I usually still give ratings to lame movies, I just give them low stars, based on what I think they deserve. Also, I'm not above putting qualifiers or explanations. (Like, I probably would have hated such-and-such movie unedited, but since I saw it unedited, it was amazing.)
Yes, my methods are on-the-fly--mostly what I write depends on how tired I am. Also, you are my only reader. :) So sometimes I just don't feel like rating things. But really, Dorian Gray was the most confusing movie I ever saw. I suppose I should have given it 1 star, but I couldn't because of the story. I was confused.
Post a Comment