Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ghost Writer

The Ghost Writer (PG-13)
Genre: political drama
Jake's Rating: kept falling asleep but still liked it
Cami's Rating: 3.5 stars

It was pretty slow-moving, but well done and interesting. It wasn't as much hard to keep up as much as hard to really keep interested. But it was worth watching, and I liked it well enough.

Summary: A ghost-writer is supposed to finish the memoirs of a former prime minister after the last ghost-writer is mysteriously found dead. As he continues to learn more about the person he writes about he finds himself learning about a scandal that could cost his own life.

Thoughts: I do like political drama/thrillers that make you really figure things out, and I especially do like Ewan, so this was worth the time. But for some reason it didn't really stick with me. I think it did while I was watching it (over a few days), but I can't really remember the scandal. I do remember the resolution, which I thought was great. Nothing much else to say about this one.

1 comment:

Drew said...

This is out already?? I thought it hadn't even come to theaters yet. Time to add it to the queue.