Friday, October 29, 2010

Prom Night

Prom Night (PG-13 on TV)
Genre: Horror
Jake's Rating: 2.5
Cami's Rating: 2.5

It was a teenage horror movie--do you really RATE those? It was everything we hoped and expected it to be and nothing more. We did not actually expect much. I guess it was a remake, but I haven't seen that, so I can't compare it. It was silly, there were a lot of closing of the mirrored closet door and someone is behind you and stuff like that.

Summary: An obsessed teacher kills a girl's family, and then years later escapes from jail and comes after his obsession during her senior prom.


Thoughts: It's sad to see Jimmy from That Thing You Do being all murdery and crazy persony. So that is weird. Also, they killed off so many people I got to the point that I just wished the girl was dead too, because WHY do want to live through EVERYone you know being killed right in front of you and things. Ugh. Too much. But I guess that's horror for you. It was predictable and silly, and not SO jumpy, but it's Halloween, so we'll watch them and laugh and be grossed out and things.

2 comments:

Drew said...

This movie isn't R. I rented it at Blockbuster and watched it straight up.

This movie seemed like a sequel rather than a remake to me.

Cami said...

Oh. I'll change it. I just take Jake's word for it when I ask him on the fly.