Sunday, October 24, 2010

Julie and Julia

Julie and Julia (PG-13)
Genre: Comedy
Cami's Rating: 3.5 stars

I watched this for a sister's night with awesome food and cake balls, so I of course, with the silliness that occurs with that combination, I loved it at the time. As I have stepped back from it, I say to myself, I wish I could separate the two movies. Julia's section, AWESOME. Julie's, ok. But I guess it was an interesting way to go about it.

Summary: A girl named Julie decides to cook through the entire Julia Child's cookbook in one year and blog about it. At the same time, but of course many years before, Julia lives in France and learns to cook.

Thoughts: I guess I just didn't care too much about Julie. I kind of think I thought about her as the real blogger and didn't really believe in her intentions. But it was still ok and entertaining and cute enough. Meryl Streep was SO great at being Julia Child, and I always love Stanley Tucci. They were amazingly cute and funny, and I loved learning about their story. In the end, I was sad that Julia hated Julie, but it seemed real, so that's nice. I liked how they put the two true stories together. Nice new idea.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Our honeymoon movie! Julie says the Julie in the movie improves vastly on her character in the book.