Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Young Victoria

The Young Victoria (PG)
Genre: Period/Romance
Cami's Rating: 5 stars
Jake's Rating:

So, I thought I'd like this one. I didn't expect to LOVE it. But I do. It was perfect. It was lovely. It was darling. Everyone should watch it. And MOST of it is even true. How wonderful. We watched it with my parents and all 4 of us loved it and didn't go to sleep. :)

Summary: Victoria grows up in a household with an overbearing mother and her power-hungry adviser. She must take the throne as a young girl pulled this way and that by different political parties. Everyone has an idea of whom she should marry, and yet she must somehow decide for herself, and try to keep love separate from power and persuasion.

Thoughts: I don't really know what to say more than what I've said. The acting was so well done, as were the costumes, script, plot, everything. I believed in every character. I believed in the love story. I felt sorry and angry and happy with her at different times. It made me cry, it made me laugh. It was just so lovely. I might end up owning this one, just because I loved it. Also, my book group is going to watch it this month since we read a book about the time when Victoria took the throne. I'm glad they chose this one.

No comments: