Lost in Austen (TV miniseries)
Genre: Chick Flick
Cami's Rating: 3.5 stars
I mean, I don't know what I was expecting when I put this on my "Watch Instantly" queue in Netflix, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out it wasn't quite as ridiculous as it should have been. It was good enough for something to watch while I was working out or whatever, but it obviously doesn't compare to the real thing.
Summary: A Pride and Prejudice junky accidentally switches places with Elizabeth Bennett and proceeds to mess up the entire story and fall in love with Darcy against her will. But will her modern ways fit into the more traditional values of the past? And should she stay, or try to make the book she loves so well work out the way it is supposed to?
Thoughts: I was TOTALLY surprised at how many BBC actors they got for this, that played their usual roles in this unusual take. It was funny to see how they changed the story, and how the characters differed from what Austen wrote. I thought it was creative, but sometimes completely predictable and more-than-usually unbelievable. I didn't really like Darcy, and that's the really bad thing--he kind of seemed stupid or clueless. Lame. But it was fun to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love this series! Though you are right Darcy is no Collin Firth or Matthew MacFadyen. Was it not incredibly fun when she made him get in the fountain for the ubiquitous wet shirt scene??!!
It totally was Jenni. I laughed out loud at that. But you have to suspend disbelief that he would actually do that! Or anything in the movie for sure. HA!
We liked it too, I rated it about the same as you did. What I did NOT care for was what they did to Caroline's character... WTH?
Post a Comment