Avatar (PG-13)
Genre: Sci-Fi
Cami's Rating: (withheld)
Jake's Rating: (withheld)
So, you have to be dead if you don't know what this movie is, but Jake wanted to wait until it came out on BluRay to watch it. And then we made plans to watch it with his sister, so we just barely watched it. But it was a bad day to watch it and we both (yes, even I!) fell asleep. So I can tell you what I thought of what I saw: It was ok. It was VERY well-done--I really thought I was watching real people. There were things I didn't expect, but things I did expect (it's just Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves/Fern Gully in space, really). But it was ok. Great for showing off a theater room.
Summary: Stupid earth dudes want some rock and it's under a sacred tree in the forest where the natives live. They send in some people disguised as the alien natives to talk with them and try to persuade them to get out. But of course, our hero likes the natives better.
Thoughts: So, like I said, I was surprised at some things. I didn't understand how the Avatars worked, and I thought that was interesting, and made for some exciting parts, and a little bit of confusion too. I saw the whole beginning, fell asleep for the whole, getting-to-know-the-natives part, woke up during a sex scene I was glad I didn't let my kids watch at a birthday party a kindergartner in my neighborhood was having and that weirded me out because no actual humans were involved, and then watched the end, which was exciting, but I may have been too tired to care. Perhaps after I watch it all the way through sometime, I'll review it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Adrian and Sophie loved this movie, but it was a definite "meh" for me. I thought it was so predictable and the bad guys were such caricatures. Boring. I probably would have fallen asleep too if that was possible for me.:)
Oh, Jenni, I NEVER fall asleep in movies unless under unusual circumstances. Let me set the scene. I woke up at 5:45 to get to my 5K by 6:00, which I ran REALLY fast for me, and then I came home, took my friend out to a movie and lunch, cleaned my house and got it ready for guests, made a HUGE dinner, put all my kids to bed, and THEN, during a 4-hour span, watch Avatar. Not, not, not good circumstances. I actually CHOSE to fall asleep and laid myself right down on the couch. Awesome.
Boring propaganda. I'm surprised I rated it as high as ** 1/2 when I saw it. I'm interested in how you'll like it should you watch it when you're more alert.
Post a Comment