Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Blind Side

The Blind Side (PG-13)
Genre: Sports/Inspirational
Cami's Rating: 4 stars
Jake's Rating:

I mean, after all the hype this movie got, it was a little hard to get the up the interest to actually watch it. But it turned out to be as good as everyone says, but not quite as fantastic as some people say. I'd still recommend it. It was cute. I don't need to watch it again though.

Summary: A kid from the projects is trying to make it in a private school, who took him for his size, hoping he'd play football. He is basically homeless and abandoned by his family. A well-to-do family in the area takes him in, falls in love with him, and helps him learn how to play football. But when colleges start trying to recruit him, questions about why the parents took him in bring doubts into his mind.

Thoughts: I mean, for a sports movie, it had a lot of un-sportsy heart. I liked the characters. I don't know if they sufficiently made be believe in the real people behind it, but I want to believe it, because I want more people to be like them. I liked all the acting, but I don't know why Sandra Bullock has to talk through her nose when she has a southern accent. Did she deserve the Oscar? I don't know, but she was pretty good.

No comments: