Saturday, June 12, 2010

Date Night

Date Night (PG-13)

Genre: Comedy
Cami's Rating: 2 1/2 stars

I went to this movie with some girls for my birthday outing. It was fun sometimes, and embarrassing sometimes. I mean, I'll admit, it was funny. But not funny enough to be a movie with these two actors, and I felt like they went to the gross and ridiculous a little more than I would have liked, and a little too far out of character/situation as well. Too bad, it could have been hilarious.

Summary: Some overwhelmed parents decide to spice up their date night with a trip into the city, take someone else's reservation at a posh restaurant, and are subsequently thrown into a high-profile coverup/life-threatening chase.

Thoughts: It had such potential. I thought the beginning scenes of life as a parent were really funny, and the portrayal of their comfortable but boring marriage. But that's about where it ended. I didn't think they were that funny during all the chase business. There was too much relying on obvious/gross humor and not enough wit that I love from these actors. If you ARE going to rent this, you should be prepared to fast-forward an entire scene when they do a little "dance" in a strip joint which went on way, way, way too long, and IMO wasn't funny at all. You may get some laughs, but you decide if it's really worth it.

No comments: