Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife (PG-13)

Genre: Chick Flick/Sci Fi-ish
Jake's Rating:
Cami's Rating: 3 stars

Jake had this in mind for our Valentine's Day movie, so I quickly read the book, which I hated. So keep that in mind as I review the movie--it changed the way I see it. In fact, I think it made me like it less and more at the same time, because it was better than the book, but I was still creeped out a little bit. It is a really interesting concept, but I just don't think they quite got it all together. The movie ended up feeling a little Nicholas Sparks-like. It was fine. Nothing to shout about.

Summary: A man involuntarily travels through time and visits his future wife as a child. Epic romance ensues.

Thoughts: In the movie, they toned the kid/future husband relationship WAY down, which is really, really great. But it's still kind of creepy that a naked man shows up in a meadow and talks to his future wife when she is just a child, and tells her not to tell her mom about it. Yikes! THEN, even though they made her 18, rather than 15 like in the book, when his 30-something self kisses her for the first time, I still think it's gross. AND I DO think it's cheating if you go have relations with a former self, and weird. Other than that, the characters were pretty flat, and there wasn't much plot. The best I can say is that it wasn't completely horrible.

No comments: