Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (PG)
Genre: Kids, Comedy
Jake's Rating: 3.5 stars
Cami's Rating: 3 stars
The kids were WAY excited to see this, and they did sit through it, which is amazing. Jeffy got a little bored at the "romantic" parts, but they found enough to laugh and cheer at that it made it worth it. For me, not as funny as the first, but still worth watching. I wish we'd watched it edited, because there were just a couple times when the language bothered me. Easy to take out when you know where it is. But it was really fun to see all the exhibits come to life, and actually gave us some ideas about what to visit when we go to DC in a couple months!
Summary: Larry, who is has moved on from his job as night-guard at the Museum of Natural History in NY, finds out all his exhibit friends are being put into storage in DC. Although this is sad, he is too busy with his new job to do anything about it. But when he gets a call from DC saying the monkey stole the tablet that makes exhibits come to life and now there's a battle on, he's on his way to DC to help his friends.
Thoughts: I still think Ben Stiller is funny. I thought Amy Adams was great. And the guy who is the Blue Raja in Mystery Men was a really funny bumbling villain. But somehow it just didn't gel like the last ones. Was I a little bored by monkeys slapping Ben? Maybe. Really it was just about a romp in DC with Abe Lincoln walking around, people flying planes through windows, etc. I thought the gangsters were funny too, but no one really got to have any real character, and we left behind any semblance of reality, which was a little disappointing for me. But I wasn't expecting much, so good enough. My kids had a good laugh at the little Roman soldier running across the White House lawn--we had to rewind that a few times. Worth it if you don't expect much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment