Inception (PG-13)
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Jake's Rating:
Cami's Rating: 4 stars
Do I really need to introduce this movie? Jake and I saw it the day it came out, mostly because Jake made all the arrangements. I knew it was something vaguely about dreams, and that was it. So I went in blind, and, you know, you just kind of have to go with it and figure it out piece by piece. Jake was less patient and kept asking questions about what was going on. Just let it soak in and you'll get it, is what I say. I really thought it was great and very imaginative, and the only real negative thought I had was that it was extremely like Shutter Island, which we had JUST watched. But it was different enough to allow me to like them both.
Summary: A man is in the business of extracting information through people's dreams and is hired to plant a thought, a process called inception. His team creates an elaborate dreamscape with many levels to pull off this highly dangerous plan. His own past and family complicate the process.
Thoughts: OH, the only thing we really have to talk about is the ending. Did the top topple? Did it keep going? Was he still in a dream? Is he out? Was his wife right all along? Was the entire THING a dream, and there's no such thing as inception at all and he's just dealing with his wife's death? Who knows. Really, the only thing I think is that he dealt with his loss the only way he knew how, and has decided to walk away from any questions about what kind of reality he's living. He's ready to live in the now, no matter where the "now" is. I think there were probably some little flaws, but it is not worth picking it apart, because I thought it was REALLY fun to watch, and very cool. So there you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I liked it well enough, but after all the talk about it, I was kind of let down. I found it surprisingly linear and pretty easy to follow, not REALLY that confusing or mind-blowing. Just a little overhyped I guess. Oh, and Julie thinks that the top fell over. I'm just not sure. Probably though.
Post a Comment