An Education (PG-13)
Genre: Drama
Jake's Rating: 4 stars
Cami's Rating: 4.5 stars
I've wanted to watch this movie for years, and we finally got it. It was exactly what I expected, but it was much more intense than I expected. Jake and I were on the edge of our seats the entire time, which is a little strange for such a seemingly slow-paced movie. We recommended it to everyone.
Summary: A young girl with a bright future is seduced by an older man who convinces her to give up her hard-earned education to marry him instead.
Thoughts: This movie is a little hard to watch if you don't understand where it is going. I knew we were supposed to think it was a bad idea from the start, but Jake thought we were supposed to think he was charming and wonderful. Of course, eventually, things do not work out the way she thinks they will, and the climax comes quietly and with little drama, which I appreciated and felt was realistic. This kind of movie makes you want to believe that YOU would not be taken in this way, YOU would know when you were being lied to, but I think the reason the movie is successful is because we've all been taken in somewhat in this way. It happens all the time. She does put her life back together, but I think it shows there are consequences, even if you try to fix what you broke. It was definitely a mature, interesting, very well-done movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I liked how the guy's wife was the girl from the new Persuasion. He was such a scum!
Post a Comment