The Princess and the Frog (PG)
Genre: Animation
Cami's Rating: 4.5 stars
Jake's Rating: 5 stars
Well! This was quite the anticipated movie! I think my brother saw it 10 times in the theater before I bought it and finally watched it. I actually thought the hype would ruin it somewhat for me, but I need not have been worried. I quite loved it, and would watch it again soon. The only problem I had with it was the voodoo (a little scary and Satanicish) but my kids were not afraid of it, and that is saying something. I think they toned it down quite well, though the idea of "friends on the other side" is a little bit out there.
Summary: A girl in New Orleans works hard to own her own restaurant, but her plans are foiled when she is accidentally turned into a frog and must find a way to become human again and make her dreams come true. But she has to work with the narcissistic frog prince, and they both end up finding out what is really important.
Thoughts: Really, cute. Great music, funny talking animals (who at least only talk to other animals, which is great), and endearing characters. She may actually be the perfect Disney heroine--she is hard-working, and yes, she wants more than she has, but she doesn't hate where she comes from. But in the end she doesn't mind giving everything up to be happy, which is nice. And I don't mind that she actually DOES get everything she wants either. The voodoo was a little scary, and I can see that it would really bother a lot of people, but I was ok with it. Jake says it was AS good, but not better than Lion King and Hunchback. We may have smiled for the duration. I hope there are more like this to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bravo! Two thumbs up! Dig a little deeper!
Post a Comment