Angels and Demons (PG-13)
Genre: Action/Mystery
Cami's Rating: 3 stars
Jake's Rating:
Not a huge fan of Dan Brown, but he does write a gripping tale. It definitely kept our interest, but as usual, you just have to sort of soak in the (unreliable) information and just run with it. I did like that he had some sympathetic Christian characters in this one, even though there are still complete lunatics and murderers.
Summary: The Pope is dead, and the 4 cardinals who are the front-runners for the post are missing. An age-old society is suspected and our hero is called in to save the day by following a series of clues and symbols.
Thoughts: How I loved that Ewan McGreggor was in it, but too bad he was loony. It was gruesome at times, and quite contrived, but there was a good twist, and it was easy to suspect everyone and be wrong several times. I feel like this one wasn't as heavy in the symbols--it was more of a treasure-hunt than anything else--but perhaps that's because I hadn't read the book. It was ok. I wasn't in love with it or anything. But I wasn't offended either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment