Thursday, April 1, 2010

2012

2012 (PG-13)

Genre: Apocolypse/Adventure
Cami's Rating: 3 stars
Jake's Rating:

Well, I mean, it was entertaining for sure. We screamed and laughed and "yeah right"ed and all of that. Isn't that was apocolypse movies are for? I was actually QUITE glad to be spared the whole no one believes the scientist shtick and move right on to what would actually HAPPEN. I don't think we were supposed to take any of it seriously, and so it was fine.

Summary: The earth's care is heating up, causing the earth's crust to actually sink and shift. Suddenly, the whole world is falling apart. The governments have created "Arks" to carry a chosen few people and things through the storm and find a way to start again. A writer finds out about it and drags his broken family along with him in the quest for safety.

Thoughts: It had all the cliche elements: a broken home which is miraculously fixed up by the tragic events, a political scandal, injustice, tragedy, etc. I did think it was kind of cool that John Cusak (YAY!) kind of almost killed a lot of people by trying to save his family. I think it would have been better if HE had died and not the other dude, but oh well. Other than that, you get a lot of airplanes barely taking off while the world completely falls to pieces, which is kind of fun. And that is that.

No comments: