Cranford (TV miniseries)
Genre: period
Cami's Rating: 5 stars
This got rave reviews, golden globes, emmys, etc., and I finally watched it. And I loved it. I was in a really bad mood, AND I was exercising when I started it, and I had to stop exercising and laugh out loud several times. Later, there were tears shed. It was great. What else is there to say?
Summary: Cranford is a little town full of gossipy women and backwards ideas. But changes are afoot.
Thoughts: So, it was really cute. The actors really show how amazing they are, because they act so differently (some of them) then we are used to, and they do it quite convincingly. I personally have a strong desire to name my next child Matilda so I can call her Miss Mattie. I really liked all of the story lines, and I know it was taken from 3 novels. I kind of wish they were each a movie, and yet they worked so well together that it seems there is no way to have separated them. Very clever to put them all together so we wouldn't get bored of any one story. It was just lovely. It made me happy. I want to own it and watch it again someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just put this on my list, thanks :)
I loved this one too! So glad that PBS decided to run it on Masterpiece Classic earlier this year.
Post a Comment