Wednesday, March 3, 2010

9

9 (PG)

Genre: Sci Fi/Animated
Cami's Rating: 3 stars
Jake's Rating: 2.5 stars

We'd been really excited to see this, and we knew it didn't get the best reviews, but we thought we'd give it a try anyway. It was fine to distract us for the night, and there was nothing really bad about it, but nothing really good about it either. I think it used to be a short story, and it probably should have stayed that way.

Summary: It is the future. Machines have taken over and killed all the humans. But one scientist who foresaw this outcome created nine little burlap people and put part of himself into each one. They are all that is left of humanity, and they must conquer the machines yet again.

Thoughts: I just couldn't care about the little burlap people. I never felt like I got any kind of real emotion, or real character from them. There was no real purpose, either. I didn't really care if they made it or not, because they're still just little burlap people--they can't reproduce (although they do give us a little "perhaps" at the end there with the rain). It reminded me a little of Voldy's plan in HP--the splitting of the soul into 9 pieces, but much less sinister. I'm not sure how they could have made it better. Just wasn't that great of a story.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Seems like most people didn't like this, but I still think it was really cool. Maybe I cared about the glove-people a little more. *shrug*