Sunday, March 7, 2010

Alice in Wonderland


Alice in Wonderland (PG)

Genre: Fantasy
Jake's Rating: 4 stars
Cami's Rating: 4 stars

We actually went to the movie theater to see this one. We are Tim Burton fans in general, and this one was definitely just like a Time Burton film for sure. It was creative and entertaining, and definitely had a new take on the old tale, but something seemed a little bit lacking. Perhaps it just didn't go quite far enough--it seemed a little Disneyed-down or something. Still good!

Summary: Alice returns to Wonderland, but believes it is a recurring dream. It is foretold that she will slay the Jabberwokky and restore the power to the White Queen, but she is afraid.

Thoughts: Well, I really liked all our faves--Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. And the new people were great too.  There were some very strange parts, and some very cheesy parts, but on the whole, it was just as Alice should be. I wasn't jumping up and down, but i didn't feel like I wasted money going to see it first-run. Tim Burton movies are more of an experience than a movie, and in that way, it didn't disappoint.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Sheely and Julia saw this together and liked it :)

Drew said...

I liked it too, though The Wife liked it a little better. A little too much Mad Hatter for me (what the futterwack?!?), but it was really cool to look at. Alice herself was awesome.