Friday, November 19, 2010

Invictus

Invictus (PG-13)
Genre: Sports/Politics
Jake's Rating: 3.5
Cami's Rating: 3

This is a tricky one to rate. I thought it was a well-done movie, but I think it might be a little inaccurate. If it's really just about the sports team and bringing the country together, than it was good and inspirational and whatnot. But we don't get a REAL sense of whole Mendela really is, because we know nothing whatsoever about what he did before he was imprisoned, and I think we can't really just consider him a saint without knowing about his whole life. OTHER than that, the acting was fantastic, and the story really is remarkable.

Summary: After the government is radically changed, and the country is in commotion, Nelson Mendela inspires a Rugby captain to rouse his team into greatness, bringing the country together at the same time.

Thoughts: It was really an interesting look at South Africa, Rugby, Mendela, everything. It wasn't a biography, so I guess I can't expect a more comprehensive look. As far as this even goes, I hope it was true to life, and I hope people really are as good as they seem in this movie, and that people really did change in the way it was portrayed.

No comments: